Once your income tax return is e-filed online, you receive an e-filing acknowledgement from the income tax website which is referred to as ITR-V. ITR efiling is incomplete without sending the acknowledgement to Income Tax Department.
ITR-V needs to be printed and the duly signed copy send to the below address within 120 days of uploading the return online. This needs to be done by ordinary post or speed post only. Without this your online IT return efiling is incomplete.
Income Tax Department – CPC,
Post Bag No – 1,
Electronic City Post Office,
Bengaluru – 560100,
Ensure that the bar code printed in the ITR-V does not get folded. Also, listed below are the ITR-V Dos and Don’ts as published by the Income Tax Department.
Dos and Don’ts for printing and submitting of ITR-Vs to ITD-CPC Bangalore
1) Please use Ink Jet /Laser printer to print the ITR-V Form.
2) The ITR-V Form should be printed only in black ink.
3) Do not use any other ink option to print ITR V.
4) Use of Dot Matrix printer should be avoided.
5) Ensure that print out is clear and not light print/faded copy.
6) Please do not print any water marks on ITR-V. The only permissible watermark is that of “Income tax Department” which is printed automatically on each ITR V.
7) The document that is mailed to CPC should be signed in original.
8) Photocopy of signatures will not be accepted.
9) The signatures or any handwritten text should not be written on Bar code.
10) Bar code and numbers below barcode should be clearly visible.
11) Only A4 size white paper should be used.
12) Avoid typing anything at the back of the paper.
13) Perforated paper or any other size paper should be avoided.
14) Do not use stapler on ITR V acknowledgement.
15) In case you are submitting original and revised returns, do not print them back to back. Use two separate papers for printing ITR-Vs separately.
16) Please do not submit any annexure, covering letter, pre stamped envelopes etc. along with ITR-V.
17) The ITR-V form is required to be sent to Post Bag No.1, Electronic City Post Office, Bengaluru, Karnataka-560100, by ordinary post or Speed Post.
18) ITR-Vs that do not conform to the above specifications may get rejected or acknowledgement of receipt may get delayed.
If you had e filed your income tax return using digital signature, then you need not sign and send your ITR-V to Income Tax office, Bengaluru. This is applicable only for those online return filers who at the time of filing return had attached digital signature, for others income tax return submission is incomplete without posting of ITR-V.
This article is brought to you by onlineITreturn.com
For a detailed advice, you can contact firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.onlineitreturn.com. OnlineITreturn.com is an online portal for efiling your income tax return and advise, consultancy on taxation matters including Service Tax. All taxation matters are handled by Chartered Accountants…